February 15, 2010

Bags of JOY.

I have just loved making these bags this last week. I have used creative fabric I already possessed to whip up several bags using the pattern by Simplicity 2597. I made a few for my friends this past Christmas as gifts, and they were a hit! So, I decided to make a few more....























This is another one. My sister and I are in LOVE with this fabric from Hobby Lobby! It makes a great anything!!! This purse (as the one above), both have button-front closure, zippered pocket and key tab holder on the inside, and two exterior pockets.





















Just another view......


















This is my third one. I used ikea fabric for the outside of the purse and a simple tan cotton for the lining (and all features as well as ones above). I love ikea's whimsical, usually bright prints. They are so much fun to craft and sew with!






















I tried it on, so you could see what size
they all are:



















I linked up to Make It Monday @ Twice Remembered Cottage

4 comments:

  1. Those bags are adorable! I think you could do very well selling them! Welcome back home! I have never met you, but I do know your sis. I am so glad that you got to move back home, and I know she is thrilled too!

    Chris Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I LOVE your bags!! I've dabbled in purse-making...in fact I have all the fabric and materials at home for a few I had intended on making a while back but I still haven't gotten around to it. Seeing your post made me want to drag out my sewing machine!! :) Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags look great! I wish I had the patience to sew! Good job!
    ~Rebekah @allthingzrelated~ hosting a giveaway this Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bag!! I love making bags as well, so satisfying when you stand back and see your finished product. Love that feeling!

    ReplyDelete