February 13, 2010

Buffet Reinvented

I just moved us into our new home in Ohio. This place is HUGE compared to the size of apt we were living in before...so I needed more storage and found this old buffet at Goodwill for $30. But, it's ugly, so let's see how I can improve it....
















Added a coat or two of 1,2,3 Zinsser primer all over. I used a brush on all the scroll work and a roller on the top and sides of the buffet. Thanks, Amy, for supplying this primer for free : )!
















After the primer was completely dry, I added two grey/black coats of indoor matte paint I picked up at Walmart. It was in the as-is section for only $3.93 for the gallon!!! It was close enough to the black color I was imagining, and I couldn't pass up that deal! The hardware was taken off, sprayed with Nikel Rustoleum spray paint for $2.48/can, and put back on. I like it a whole lot better now, and look forward to fitting it in now with my decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment