December 29, 2011

It Was A Wonderful Time!

What a wonderful visit I had with my wonderful man! It was an absolutely awesome 16 days, of which I cherished each moment! Such an awesome blessing to have our family together again!

I am so anxious to share with you some highlights from our time together and many pictures:


Our reunion went so well at the airport. Nathan just looked up at his Daddy and smiled the biggest smile ever, as I've never seen before. Nathan seemed to recognize his Daddy right away! Made me want to cry!

A day after Steven returned home, we went out shopping, and then out to eat at some of his favorite food spots he had really been craving after 7 months without "real" food!

One of our first stops, was our local Wright B flyer museum. While in Afghanistan, in his free time, Steven built a 1/78th scale model of the Wright B flyer completely out of cardstock. He brought it home (very carefully) and he presented it as a gift to the museum for display. Visitors will be able to print the pdf copy of his self-designed model off their website very soon. I am so proud of my talented Babe!!!!

And we stayed a bit longer and showed Nathan the Wright B flyer in the hangar.


We spent a few evenings visiting friends, while Nathan visited with his friends:


We spent almost an entire day at the Creation Museum! We love it here! I think it was my 5th time going! We LOVE it so much, and we were excited to show Nathan all around for the first time, and enjoy their walk-through nativity outside too! What an awesome day!






And we had about 3 Christmas' while Steven was here. Our first one was with my side of the family, the next was helping our little man open his gifts Christmas morning with us, and then Christmas afternoon we spent a wonderful few hours at my grandparents' house. I don't think either of us will forget any of these special moments...and we recorded a good amount of them all!




Nathan had such a great time playing and being held by his Daddy! I had been praying that, due to Steven missing so much of Nathan's life so far, that Steven would get to see Nathan do a milestone of some sort while he was home. Well, Nathan decided to take his first few steps on Christmas Eve right in front of us! It was extremely exciting for both of us, and a definite answer to my prayer! We are so blessed!

During our time together, Steven made a delicious RUM cake, after our fun, annual trip to Jungle Jims International Food Market. It took us a week, but we ate the whole thing....I think it got better tasting with each day! (He has always been a great cook...much better than me!)


We also did some crafts together, like make these terriffic Borax crystal ornaments. Will share the "how-to" with you soon.

Since this was Nathan's first Christmas, we decided to start some family traditions of our own with him, including an advent calendar. We had THIS dog, Jingle, from Hallmark. In our shopping, we found out that Jingle also had an ornament/advent book. Steven then designed and built (in a few short hours) our very own advent calendar to use along with the book. LOVE it! I will share more of the details on this one too, soon! I'm constantly amazed at Steven's creativity and the talents God's given him!



And even amid the shopping times, and Christmas, and entire days filled with wearing pajamas, drinking cocoa, watching 5 different versions of A Christmas Carole, and playing with our son, we took time to just enjoy one another again. I think that was what Steven's leave time was all about. I hope you also found time to just cherish being with your family too!

Thank you, friends, for all of your support,  for all of your encouragement, for reading my blog, and liking it enough to keep checking back! That's what keeps me posting! Hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas!

Steven left yesterday, and is already more than halfway back to his base for another 3-4 months. The saying good-byes again was really hard, but we know that it's only now a short time again before we'll be together more permanently. And I sure look forward to that time!


But, until then, onward with the crafts!!!!! : )

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Joy! We loved seeing you all the fun you and Steven had together! Love ya!!
    Johanna :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing the pictures of you all, all toghether and I pray the time flies by until you are all together again!
    Arren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, friends! I love you!

    ReplyDelete