December 14, 2013

A Little Like Christmas

We have been in our new home now about 3 1/2 weeks. We just love adore being here. It has been an additional treasure to move some boxes out of the way and make room for a few, simple Christmas decorations this year. With a newborn and a new house, I am reaching for the simple this year. So simple, in fact, that I have hardly done much at all. Steven has done most of the Christmas preparations this year in our new home, while I have attended to the gift shopping online from the comfort of home.

Because of Steven, our house looks so festive:



He and Nathan are keeping up our third year advent calendar tradition that Steven designed and built:

We took a day to go look at our favorite Christmas train display as a family:



And doing a random craft here and there.... This coffee filter garland off Pinterest Nathan 
helped me make:


And even doing a few Christmas crafts out of the house (at the hardware store):

This year we've slowed down. Buying mostly, and not creating much. A different change of what we normally do each year, that has been interestingly refreshing. These days I'm just playing with and snuggling my two precious little men that I am oh, so thankful for this Christmas season (and my wonderful husband)! 

Hope your family is also so blessed as you prepare for this Christmas season!
Merry Christmas...preparations!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger

    too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete